Saturday, November 20, 2010
DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY NATIONAL PARKS ARE THERE IN TANZANIA?
Tanzania, truly, is a safari destination without peer. The statistics speak for themselves: an unparalleled one-quarter of its surface area has been set aside for conservation purposes, with the world-renowned Serengeti National Park and incomprehensibly vast Selous Game Reserve heading a rich mosaic of protected areas that collectively harbor an estimated 20 percent of Africa’s large mammal population. Tanzania has fifteen National Parks today as listed below! We will be updating you with all tourist (local and international) attractions we have in Tanzania. The next would be Conservation Area, Game Reserves and Game Controlled Ares. Stay tuned!
1. Arusha National Park
2. Gombe Stream National Park
3. Katavi National Park
4. Mount Kilimanjaro National Park
5. Kitulo Plateau National Park
6. Mahale Mountains National Park
7. Lake Manyara National Park
8. Mikumi National Park
9. Mkomazi National Park
10. Ruaha National Park
11. Rubondo Island National Park
12. Saadani National Park
13. Serengeti National Park
14. Tarangire National Park, and
15. Udzungwa Mountains National Park
Together we can make something happen!